Last updated: [23.07.19]
Adepto Ltd and its group companies (“Adepto” or “we”, “us” or “our”) respect people’s privacy. We are bound by the privacy laws of the countries in which we operate (“Applicable Privacy Laws“). We will ensure that all the personal information that we process is managed in accordance with those laws.
2. The purpose for which personal information is collected
We may collect and process your personal information for the purposes of:
- liaising with you where you request a demo of our services or otherwise contact us;
- understanding how our Websites are used so that we can improve them;
- detecting and preventing misuse of our Websites and ensuring the security of our Websites; and
- marketing our products and services.
User information. This is information that is captured when you submit a form via our website. Certain profile information is also pre-populated via HubSpot through your company domain. The data that we capture includes name, job title, email address, country location. In some instances, your information may be created through an alternative exchange with Adepto such as an email exchange or face to face meeting.
Technical information. This is information we collect when you interact with our Website. Technical information refers to information about your computer and your visits to the Websites such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed.
If you are located in European Economic Area (including the United Kingdom), our legal basis for processing your personal information is set out in our purposes of processing table here.
3. Collecting your personal information
Information you provide to us
When you visit and use our Websites, we collect information you provide to us as follows:
- If you contact us to request a demo via the online web form you need to provide us with certain information including your name, email address, country and company you work for so that we can contact you about the demo.
- If you submit your details to download one of our white papers, or equivalent content, via an online web form you need to provide us with certain information including your name, email address, country and company so that we can send you the white paper, or equivalent content.
- If you contact us to speak to an Adepto representative about further information via an online web chat, you may be required to provide us with certain information including your name and email address so that we can send you further correspondence.
- When you contact us, as described above, you may need to disclose your personal information to us so that we can communicate with you.
If you provide us with personal information about another person then you must make sure that you are authorised to provide this information to us.
Information we receive from third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, such as publicly available social media sites. The types of information we may receive from third parties include your name and contact details and we may use the information we receive from third parties for purposes such as contacting you about our products and services (in accordance with Applicable Privacy Laws).
Information we collect automatically
When you visit and use our Websites we may collect certain information automatically from your device used to access our Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, some of this information may be considered personal information.
The information we collect includes information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP).
We may also collect information about how your device interacts with our Websites such as the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Adepto to provide general statistics regarding use of our Websites. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address and any further information that you have provided to us.
We use this information to help us understand how our Websites are used so that we can improve them and also to help prevent and detect misuse of our Websites.
4. How personal information is retained
We will store your personal information in our electronic records or in those of our third party service providers or contractors. All information you provide to us is stored on our, or our suppliers’, servers.
When the purpose for which we have obtained your personal information is fulfilled we delete or anonymise your personal information or, if that is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in backup archives for disaster recovery purposes) we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further use or processing.
We retain data collected through our Website for up to three years. However, where we process your personal information in the context of promotion of our services, we will cease to use your personal information in connection with such promotional activities after 12 months of no engagement.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- to our service providers, professional advisers and agents;
- to other members of the Adepto group of companies;
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is or may be transferred;
- to any competent law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of law, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Cross border transfer of your personal information
We will ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with our obligations under Applicable Privacy Laws.
We use third party service providers, many of whom process your personal information on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or the USA, but your personal data may occasionally be stored in other countries. We may use one or more third party suppliers to perform the same or similar services for us in the future.
We implement a number of physical and electronic measures to protect personal information. Please note, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided to it via electronic means; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use accepted industry features to try to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal information.
8. Your data protection rights
Depending on where you are located and the Applicable Privacy Laws that apply to our use or processing of your personal information you may have one or more of the following rights:
- you may request to update, amend or edit your information.
- you may request access to your personal information to know what sort of personal information is held about you, for what purposes, and how it is collected, held, used and disclosed. In some circumstances we may refuse to provide copies if an exemption under the Applicable Privacy Laws applies. For example, we may not provide access to personal information if disclosing that information would impact the privacy of another individual (having assessed the impact to the privacy rights and freedoms of the other individual). If we will not provide access to personal information held about you, we will tell you why.
- you can request deletion of the personal information we hold about you and we will delete it where required to do so under Applicable Privacy Laws.
- you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, request portability of your personal information or make requests to exercise other rights that you may have at law.
- if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information if we are able to do so without your consent.
- Where you have consented to receive marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
You can exercise your data subject rights free of charge. However, we may not comply with your exercise of your rights, or may charge you to comply with such exercise, if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. When you exercise your data subject rights we may need to take measures to verify your identity before complying with such exercise. We will respond to your exercise of your data subjects rights in accordance with any timeframes set out in Applicable Privacy Laws.
To exercise your rights, or for further information about exercising your rights you may contact us using the contact details set out under the “Further Information” heading below.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information (including if you think we have breached Applicable Privacy Laws) you may do so by contacting us using the contact details set out under the “Further Information” heading below. If a complaint is made, please include contact details such as email address, name, address and telephone number and clearly describe the complaint. We will investigate the complaint and respond promptly. If you consider that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you can complain to your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in Europe are available here.
9. Further information
Mail: Level 9, 9 Appold Street, London, EC2A 2AP, United Kingdom
Each member of the Adepto group of companies determines, alone or jointly with others, the means and purposes of processing your personal information. Adepto Limited (ICO registration reference number: ZA280664) acts as representative for all members of the Adepto group of companies that are located outside of the European Union for the purposes of dealing with any supervisory authority in the European Union.